Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fighting the battle

Time is the enemy.  I know we all get older, but time passes by faster and faster as we get older.  Kids grow up and move off, grandkids are born and grow up and move off..  of course I'm not "there" yet, but it will happen.   It seems like you don't have anything to do, and then you have everything to do in one day.  Why can't we spread it out over at least a week?  lol
The repairs on my truck should be done today, I'm hoping.  It was to be ready this past Friday but I got a call late that there were some broken parts and they wouldn't be in until Tuesday.  Duh...holiday weekend and everyone wanted to go home.  I think they wanted to buy some time...and it was getting late.  Oh well, I want it done right.

Well, we got the rock pretty much done on the french drain that we built to carry the water to the drain.  With all the heat, the heavy work like that has slowed just a little, but here is what it looks like now.  We got an 1/2" of rain to wash off some of the dirt, so they look really white now.

This leads from the North (field water source) to the pond, which you can see in the foreground if you squint real good...lol  I had some help from mom and dad and Shane and the girls (Mandy and Katie)  and with all helping all at once, it moves so much faster than me hauling them one at a time..

Yesterday the Hummingbirds were out and I was in the photo mood so I was out shooting pictures of them and the frogs down at the pond...





the quality of some of these pictures aren't the best, but I liked the position of the birds in stopped motion and then the shadow and reflection of the frog.  had to throw a rock to get him to jump while I was hitting the exposure button....they are fast...I was trying to be faster...:)

Went to the fireworks in town last night.  Fireworks are difficult to get the settings on a camera correct so I didn't really catch them as I wanted.  We were rushed as they were already going off when we arrived and as I was messing with the settings, I got some!!!  I don't know about you, but when I see fireworks and I think about our country and how much I love it, I get emotional..I can't help it and I don't care what anyone thinks...I'm not going to change.   God has blessed America and I am so glad that I was born here and live here.







I tried to join the armed forces not long after I got married.  Went thru all the processes and was taking the physical when they found out that I couldn't hear.  We tested and retested my hearing and I continued to fail the tests, so they would not allow me to serve. God had and has other plans for me!!  then and now.

doors

Thru open doors we walk each day
the path ahead is clear
knowing God's will for our lives
we carry on with cheer!!

when tough decision must be made
we consult with our savior above
he'll give us the answer we need to proceed
he is faithful to guide with Love

Sometimes the door will close
another path choice to make
he does it to help us stay on course
his guiding we must take

so if you get discouraged often
running into lots of closed doors
thank the Lord for blocking the way
keeping you from mopping floors

his way is always better than yours
he knows what is ahead
preparing us for what he needs us to do
with his word he keeps us fed

so keep your eyes wide open
and stay in prayer this you'll need
he will take you to the right door
and through it he will lead

jay

No comments:

Post a Comment