Monday, June 6, 2011

Take time to share and remember..what's important?

Poem I wrote for my Grandma on her 90th birthday

I remember going there after school
riding the bus all the way
watching cartoons and laurel and hardy
just like it was yesterday



there were little ground squirrels
and looking through coins for finds
we spent allot of time together here
playing games and testing our minds



We always felt accepted
not one better than the other
always felt like we were the best
in the best family, forever



kids got married, had children
grandkids had kids too
they all would get together
fill a couch from me to you



Beautiful children joining the family
taking after their grandma too
never knowing when we'd see each other
we'd stay a day or two



time has gone by we know
we've all moved here and there
I'm glad you're here for us today
our love in words we'll share



Grandma you are the best for sure
a good example you have shared
I hope and strive to even be close
you've lived and loved and cared




I love you Grandma

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment