Friday, June 24, 2011

bolder and boulder

If I had a muscle that wasn't sore, I wouldn't know where it was at..

Still working on the path/walkway down and around the pond.  Only this time it was lifting and place 6"X12" rock.  Of course 6X12 is what they call it, but there are many different sizes in the mix.  Here is what I did with the rock.


This is the bridge and drain for the north end of the path out by the pond.  As you can see in the 2nd picture that I have a pile of boulders still to carry to the center of the drainage ditch.  They are the source of my back and my hands hurter just a little.  Going to place them in the ditch as far as they will go until I run out.  I have another pile this same size at the south end where there is another bridge and drain..here is that end of the project.


Katie happened to get into the picture on the south end.  I decided to get the large rock and put into the drainage ditch because the water that runs into the pond comes off of the field to the north and it has a lot of silt that comes with the water.  I'm hoping that the rocks will filter out the silt and won't carry to the pond. It will also help hold the dirt in as the water runs by and aid in erosion control.  We will see how it works.  there will be more than likely some adjustments made.  I'm sure that if we get a really big rain, the pipes won't hold all the water and it will run over or around the bridge, but with the rocks there, it shouldn't wash out the path too badly.

Been working on the path for the last 3 days so this afternoon dad and I went to Ellen Floyds house and replaced her front door with a new one that she purchased.  It looked really nice. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera.   I was upset that I didn't.  I will have to go back and install some trim to finish out the frame, but the door is up and it is functional..

All this week we have had plumbers with trenchers and backhoes here putting in a line from the new well out by our shop all the way around our house and tying into the old well piping.  This will be back up supply to the house when the old well doesn't have sufficient volume.  The job would have been done quicker if we weren't sitting on top of shell rock.  The trencher didn't have much luck.  ran constantly for 3 days straight and they are still not done.

well after all those things, Taylor came out and we went fishing.   Taylor caught a couple bass and we put them in our new pond...here they are..


Tomorrow we have our yearly Huston reunion in Haven, Kansas.   So maybe we can recover and rest up a little before getting after it again on Monday.  My brother Ron, Clea and his son Shane are flying in to Hutchinson on his jet for the event and Shane is going to stay with us for a week or so.  Someone new that I can put to work.  yay

Sayings

Rude hog or die
got a hitch in his get a long
stop and get some push a lean
I didn't hear anything wrong

fend for yourself at the dinner table
he's got a bad leg, so he doesn't walk well
stop at the "filling" station for gas
it's how some did tell

we're going to have roast n ears
drink some pop and eat tators
we use the idiot stick on the weeds
so they won't bother the maters

you are youall
and we're fixin to eat
we have to warsh the car
and pickled okra is a treat

we may have strange sayings
but it all has it's charm
just come and visit us
we're out here on the farm

jay

No comments:

Post a Comment